AboitizPower is the Philippines’ leading provider of renewable energy, advancing business and communities towards A Better Future.
Aboitiz Power Corporation is committed to complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and through our Company data privacy and protection policies, which we have adopted internally.
From time to time, it may be necessary for you to provide personal data in connection with your visits to our company website and portals, our offices, with your direct or indirect dealings with our Company, our officers and employees, and in your browsing activities through any of our website or mobile applications, as an investor, a shareholder, job applicant, an employee, a stakeholder, a customer, or in any relevant capacity.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect and process personal data from you in the ordinary course of the Company’s business which may include, to the extent necessary to respond to your requests, queries and concerns, basic information such as your name, residence, and contact details, and sensitive personal information such as your age, marital status, tax identification number, government issued identification cards, financial information, tax returns, educational background and work history, among others.
When you visit our websites or use any of our mobile applications, other information that may also constitute personal data, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, number of times and dates you visited the website or accessed the mobile application, and the amount of time you spend browsing through the website or mobile application, may be collected via cookies and other tracking technologies, such as transparent GIF files. Aggregate Information, or non-personally identifiable and anonymous data, such as how many times you log onto our websites or mobile applications may also be collected. The transmission of such personal data is implicit in the use of web communication protocols or is useful for the improved management and optimization of the data and electronic mail sending system.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow websites to recognize your computer when you return, enabling it to display personalized settings and other user preferences. It also allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The websites and apps can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which, the data is removed from the system.
In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When necessary, we request for your personal data for us to understand your needs and provide you with better service. We will process such personal data for specific purposes and only where there is a specific legal basis for doing so as laid down by current legislation. Specifically, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- As an investor or stockholder of record:
- Establishing your identity as an investor or a stockholder of record in order to provide you services and accord you the benefits of an investor or a stockholder, which includes managing, administering, approving or facilitating any transaction or action in relation to your shares of stock, the payment of your dividends, and the registration of your shares in the stock and transfer books;
- Collecting and analyzing collective investor or shareholder data or information, and conducting statistical analysis to improve the services to be provided to you including the expeditious response to your concerns and queries, and to ensure that the services to be provided to you as an investor or a stockholder of record are based on accurate and appropriate information.
- As a job applicant
- Establishing your identity and qualification as job applicant.
- As an employee:
- Providing you with compensation and benefits that come with your employment in the company;
- Offering you with opportunities for learning and career advancement;
- Company correspondence.
- As a customer:
- Business correspondence – answering queries, addressing concerns;
- Fulfilling contractual agreements and obligations;
- Improving the quality of our services;
- Developing new offerings to meet your needs.
- As a stakeholder in any relevant capacity:
- Complying with the due diligence requirements in fund-raising activities and transactions with lenders, creditors or financial institutions;
- Complying with the reportorial obligations of the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) and the Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corporation (PDEx), and other self-regulating organizations that oversee the company
- Complying with the requirements of regulatory agencies and instrumentalities of the government including, but not limited, to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Complying with and responding to legal processes or lawful orders of any judicial or quasi-judicial bodies;
- Business correspondence.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is kept secure. We have implemented suitable and adequate organizational, physical and technical security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risks of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information which are appropriate and adequate to the nature of the personal data we collect.
We may retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes in line with the principle of proportionality, to comply with laws, regulations, or lawful court order, or to establish or defend a legal action.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share or disclose your Personal Data to:
- any of our affiliates or subsidiaries only for the purposes we have collected your personal data;
- any agent, contractor, or sub-contractor performing services related to stockholders services;
- any consultant, adviser, auditor, or service provider we engaged to carry out functions or activities related to our legitimate business activities;
- any person to whom we propose to assign or transfer any of its rights and/or duties;
- any court of law or administrative agency of the government pursuant to a lawful order issued in relation to a pending case or proceeding before such court or agency;
- our lenders or creditors, underwriters, as well as the consultant, adviser or, auditor of the foregoing;
- your lawyer, attorney-in-fact, or duly authorized agent or representative, upon presentation of a duly executed special power of attorney;
- any regulatory, quasi-judicial or judicial authority, or as otherwise considered necessary or appropriate for our legitimate business purposes.
Any access to personal data will be limited to the person who requires your personal data to perform the functions for which personal information has been collected, and as required or allowed by law. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties.
We will obtain your prior consent should we share your personal data to third parties. Any data sharing for commercial purposes will be covered by a data sharing agreement.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We may amend or update this privacy statement from time to time as may be necessary. We recommend that you check this privacy notice every time we advise you of any change.
REQUESTS, ACCESS, RECOURSE AND QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
You are entitled to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Data that we hold and inform you of: (a) the source of your Personal Data; (b) the purposes and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entity with whom your Personal Data may be shared;
- cease processing your Personal Data, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for any purpose, save to the extent it is lawful to do so without consent under the Data Privacy Act of 2012;
- do not transfer your personal data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes you have not consented to;
- correct any errors in your personal data; and
- update your personal data as required.
If you have questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or if you wish to exercise your rights to access, rectification, object, portability or deletion in instances allowed under the law, you may contact us through our Data Privacy Officer by way of any of the following channels:
The Data Privacy Officer | Aboitiz Power Corporation
NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel. No.: +63 (02) 8 886 2861
We will make every reasonable effort to correct, update and respond to your request promptly, unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request, and in each case, subject to legal and other permissible considerations. We will also investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other data privacy and protection policies we have put in place. You may bring to the National Privacy Commission any complaint that cannot be resolved with us directly.