The Visayan Electric Co. (VECO) unveiled and turned over another newly constructed single storey, three-classroom school building, the CEPOC Central School in barangay Tinaan, City of Naga.CEPOC is the sixth recipient of VECO’s school rehabilitation project in a span of three years. The school has a student population of nearly 767 students and 44 teachers.A memorandum of agreement was entered into between VECO and the city government of Naga last year for the reconstruction of the damaged school building, with VECO shouldering 70 percent of the total project cost of P1.8 million. The remaining 30 percent will be on the account of the city of Naga.Education is a major thrust of VECO’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) projects. The utility firm has rewired a total of 842 classrooms in 29 schools and rehabilitated 42 school buildings in 17 schools in its franchise areas in the cities of Cebu, Mandaue, Talisay and Naga and the municipalities of Minglanilla, San Fernando, Consolacion and Liloan.Naga City Mayor Valdemar Chiong thanked VECO for responding to their request to partner with the local government's numerous projects, especially for the various public schools in the city. “We are glad to have a company like VECO who is concerned and responsible towards the welfare of the residents in the communities in its franchise area,“ Chiong said.VECO's Senior Vice President Anton Perdices for his part said that for VECO and the Aboitiz family, education is most important. “We promise that we will do the best we can to help the government realize its goal for the betterment of the country and education of the youth,” Perdices added.